The Minyo Collection (NEW!)

We have a wonderful new resource here at Bachido! Check it out!!! - http://bachido.com/school/minyo

Bachido Certified Instructor Aki Takahashi (Ten ten) has spent years compiling a video catalog of traditional Japanese folk songs, for the purpose of encouraging others to learn to sing and play them too, as well as preserve these incredible songs (many of which are passed down orally, not often recorded).

She has been uploading her minyo (folk song) videos on youtube, and has generously allowed me to host her amazing 200+ song collection on Bachido!

With an easy-to-use search bar, you can search for any folk songs you may have heard, or you can just scroll through over two hundred videos at your leisure!

We hope you enjoy Aki’s videos, and even more so, we hope you’re inspired to try singing and playing them too.

Awesome!

This is a grand collection – bravo Ten Ten!

I agree ! Arigatou Aki-san !

So nice!!! (^^)

just checked that out, wonderful and so many!

is that wonderful collection available on cd, too? if not yet, is there a chance to produce one in the future? i would really appreciate it …

Hi Kay!
I’m not sure Ten Ten has plans to put these on cd, but I can ask her about it. I’m glad you enjoy her videos! :slight_smile:

a cd would be really nice and i’m quite sure i wouldn’t be the only one to order and enjoy it.

Sorry, I was lost in this topic. What CD?

It’s a while not posting, sooooooooo busy… that’s why